Project Go Dark Application Terms and Conditions
By submitting an application (“Application”) to participate in the Fall Project Go Dark Music Industry Pipeline program (“MIP”), a program of Project Go Dark Incorporated (“Project Go Dark”), you agree to the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”).
“Application” as used in these Terms means the completed Application and all other writings, videos, and related materials required by or submitted to Project Go Dark. Project Go Dark may screen eligible Applications for completeness and compliance with these Terms and may, but is not obligated to, request additional information once the Application has been received and prior to review. Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Application Period: July 14, 2021 - July 28, 2021
· You must be 18 years old or older at the time the Application is submitted in order to apply.
· You must be currently enrolled in a predominantly black institution or Historically Black College or University
· You must be be Atlanta based
· You must be fully vaccinated before the start of your fall semester
· You must have transportation
Our Application process is centered around creating an equitable application and review process. While you may share certain demographic data as part of your Application, this information will not be shared with any reviewers.
Applicants will complete an application describing themselves, including a short video.
Applicant videos will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
· Provide clear, thoughtful, and concise focus and vision for the Applicant’s future career
· Articulate concrete goals for participation in MIP and define how participation in MIP will further Applicant’s career goals
· Show evidence of previous experience that supports Applicant’s reasons for applying to MIP
· Conveys a strong desire to learn, ability to work in a team, determination, and creativity
Round Two Application
After review of the Applications, selected Applicants will advance to the next and final round where Applicants will be interviewed by the Project Go Dark team, complete a background check, and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. The interviews will be conducted virtually or in person
Project Go Dark Music Industry Pipeline Program
Applicants selected for MIP will be invited to attend MIP as a student, currently scheduled for August 21, 2021, but subject to change at Project Go Dark’s discretion. Project Go Dark will be responsible for placing students with an internship and paying students a stipend for their work. Project Go Dark will not provide housing accommodations to students while attending the fall MIP. Transportation is required as well.
Further Conditions for Participation
By submitting an Application, you represent, warrant, and covenant:
(1) All information you provide in your Application is complete and accurate;
(2) All materials you submit as part of your Application, including, but not limited to, any artist materials (e.g., music and/or photographs), are your original work and do not (i) infringe any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights; (ii) violate any right of privacy or publicity or other right of any person; (iii) violate any law or regulation; or (iv) breach any confidentiality, contractual or other obligation;
(3) Project Go Dark’s use of information in the Application as described in these Terms will not infringe the right of any person or entity;
(4) To cooperate with Project Go Dark’s verification of all eligibility and other requirements including execution and return of any documents required by Project Go Dark at any stage of the application process or MIP.
Project Go Dark reserves the right to disqualify any Applicant at any time for failing to comply with these Terms.
Grant of Rights
Applicants retain all proprietary rights the Applicant holds in the Application materials, subject to rights granted to Project Go Dark. By submitting an Application, you hereby:
(1) grant permission for the Application to be copied and distributed for the purpose of review for selection to submit a Round Two Application and later phases;
(2) grant permission for information and materials in the Application to be used by Project Go Dark and its partners, sponsors, affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns in connection with MIP; and
(3) grant permission for information and materials in the Application to be shared by Project Go Dark, at its discretion, with other charitable organizations or entities, for any purpose.
Release; Limited Liability
By submitting an Application, you hereby: (1) release Project Go Dark (and its directors, officers, partners, sponsors, employees, affiliates, representatives, licensees, and agents) from all liabilities, claims and actions of any kind whatsoever, known or unknown; and (2) knowingly and expressly waives all rights and benefits under California Civil Code Section 1542 which states: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor” and similar rights under the laws of any other jurisdiction.
You hereby waive all rights to claim (i) punitive, incidental, consequential, or other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses not to exceed $100.00; and (ii) injunctive or equitable relief.
All decisions of Project Go Dark with respect to MIP are in Project Go Dark’s sole discretion and are final and binding. Project Go Dark is not responsible for any difficulties uploading or downloading any Application-related materials or for any other malfunctions of any kind relating to the Application.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Georgia applicable to agreements made and performed within the State without giving effect to any conflicts of law provisions that would result in application of any other law. You irrevocably agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the State Georgia with respect to any dispute in connection with these Terms or MIP and expressly consents (and waives any objection based on any reason) to the venue of those courts. If any provision of these Terms is found invalid, the provision will be modified to the extent necessary to make it valid or will be deleted and the remaining provisions will continue in effect. Project Go Dark’s failure to or delay in enforcing any provision will not constitute a waiver. To the extent there is a conflict between these Terms and other information provided by Project Go Dark, these Terms will govern.
Modification / Cancellation
Project Go Dark reserves the right to change any deadlines or review/selection periods and to modify, suspend or cancel MIP, in whole or in part, at any time.
Personal information collected from any Applicant as part of the Application process and MIP will be used in accordance with these Terms. You consent to this collection, storage, sharing, and use.
Project Go Dark may set forth additional terms with respect to later rounds of Applications.